Reply To: 1st beta test… quad euclidean thingy

K-Teck: Colouring with Numbers… Forums Beta Forum 1st beta test… quad euclidean thingy Reply To: 1st beta test… quad euclidean thingy

braduro
Participant

Might be fun for each timer to have a co-efficent of the main tempo, such that you can create phase differences between them.
As for independent scale scanners, couldn’t that be done with parallel instances of them in the same Group device?
I do like the idea of it however, both the independent ranges and the independent scale selection idea, but again, that could be done with multiple instances. I’m far more impressed with using the built-in tools, when it comes to performance stability and leanness. And I’ve notice on the microtonic forums for example, that people wish there was a single-pad version of it (such that you could plant it in a drum rack, or minimize the number of pads and bulk necessary)
But I like the potential of poly-modalism of bela bartok and the phase music of steve reich in the same device…
That root selector is not working
And the entire set crashed-a single midi track-when plugged into a push and I attempted to create a new scene by capturing the performance of the output on the multi-euclid.
Also, on the scale readout, I don’t see the different color pads as being particularly easy to follow. Maybe if it was vertical orientation, such that it matched up with a midi-note/piano roll design. And the colors would make sense if they corresponded to the color choices on a push, for example, because the clip readout is able to retain the separate color of each pad. Otherwise, I’m not retaining any information in my Neanderthal brain from all the colors bouncing around…(particularly because I don’t see color labels for the separate seqs, and the playhead doesn’t match the color on the scale view.)
Finally, the iOS Fugue Machine tends to be easier to follow, and can implement that phase idea I mentioned prior.

What if it was laid out a bit like a trolly car or steam locomotive on tracks. Put the wheels on the bottom so we get a sense of movement. Put the directional instructions to the front (right) of the trolly, not in the middle. Put the meters up top. Have the scale notes spit out the back on the left of the device, stacked vertically, equivalent to you recording a midi-clip and monitoring the output spitting out…So visually you get a transference of wheels moving, and ground rolling by. Maybe put the clock (or multi-clock) in the middle as a polarity (like in the fugue machine) such that you get a sense of the motor/pistons that translate into the wheels. (If you’re overly ambitious, let the pistons change in length so it looks like a wobbly jelly car as it rolls) somewhat like these animations:

https://jackschaedler.github.io/circles-sines-signals/dft_introduction.html